Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations vs SAP ERP
Selecting the Best ERP Platform for Your Business was Never that Easy Before.
ERP platforms enable automation and deliver critical data insights that empower growing enterprises to make meaningful decisions while planning their future growth.
Transitioning from a startup to a mid or a large- size organization demands the operational heads to stay focused and systematic for efficiently managing the fast altering business operations. Most businesses, therefore, look for comprehensive ERP platforms to ensure effective management of expanding corporate functions, including finance, operations, sales, business planning, manufacturing, development, marketing, customer service, human resources, along with other business tasks.
Choosing an appropriate ERP system for emerging organizations can be a revolutionary decision. Picking the right ERP, however, can turn into a complicated task when enterprises are not sure of which ERP features they need for their operations. It gets trickier when business heads are uncertain of how much they should spend for attaining the desired returns on investment (or ROI), and most importantly, when businesses are unsure of selecting the right vendor partner.
Which ERP Platform is the Best for Growing Enterprises?
Are you looking for the right ERP solution to cope up with the rapid expansion of your corporate functions? Are you puzzled deciding between Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations and SAP ERP?
Do Not Worry… Geniuses at Dynamics Square Can Help!
Team Dynamics Square has identified two market- leading ERP solutions for medium and large- size organizations – Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (or D365 F&O), and SAP ERP. The team deep- dived into the notable features of both these smart ERP platforms to assist enterprises in evaluating and picking the most appropriate solution for their business.
Seamless integration with other Microsoft products, including Office 365 and Outlook
Integration requires third- party applications
|Ease of Implementation||
Quick and simple
Relatively time taking
Possible through in- house talent or through an extensive network of technology vendors
Organizations need to have a thorough understanding and knowledge of SAP
|Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)||
Minimum TCO with reasonable costs
Comparatively higher TCO
|Features and Tools||
Intuitive capabilities and interactive features
Conventional and standard tools
|Business Intelligence (BI) Capabilities||
Built on numerous BI tools, including Power BI, Azure Machine Learning, and more
Requires own server, database, and security models to deploy SAP BI platform
|Benefits Realization and ROI||
Assured higher returns with faster ROI
ROI takes longer than expected
Pros and Cons – D365 F&O
- Enables quick transfer of critical information across the enterprise;
- User- friendly features assure ease of operation;
- Takes the shortest time for implementation;
- Ensures visibility across functionalities;
- Helps in streamlining the project management;
- Improves project delivery time;
- Comprises multilingual capabilities and supports numerous currencies.
- Considered to be more suitable for large organizations, thus compelling small enterprises to search for other ERP variants;
- Limited cross- platform support restricts its integration with third- party platforms.
Pros and Cons – SAP ERP
- Ideal for both large and small- size businesses for its scalability and flexibility;
- Traditional yet intuitive interfaces with various BI features, including dashboards;
- More consistent platform with indigenously developed tools and system upgrades;
- Successful implementation promises to deliver the desired business outcomes.
- Learning SAP can be time taking for new users;
- Prices may vary depending on the selected features, making it more expensive for small and medium- size enterprises with limited technology budgets
- Higher implementation, maintenance, and system support costs elevate the overall TCO;
- Limited configuration options restrict the design and software architecture to remain traditional.
The above comparative discussion declares Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations as a clear winner over SAP ERP. D365 F&O not just assures efficient data management but empowers businesses to grow from small to large size enterprises. Microsoft has its own ecosystem that allows system managers to integrate D365 F&O seamlessly with other Microsoft applications, while users’ familiarity with Microsoft applications makes it easy to adapt and operate. Besides, its core capabilities of developing smart business solutions make D365 F&O more consistent and reliable.
Connect with Dynamics Square, the internationally recognized and preferred technology partners of Microsoft Dynamics, to evaluate and select the best ERP solution for your business.
Take the next steps for your business
There’s never been a better time to update your systems and take advantage of all the benefits of cloud-based business applications. Learn more about the capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations.
Why Dynamics Square?
Dynamics Square is a leading Microsoft Dynamics Partner offering services, providing top-notch technology solutions and services in some of the leading Australian cities namely Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, and Brisbane. We leverage market-leading technologies, consultants, processes and proven methodologies to drive your businesses’ digital transformation. Thanks to our unwavering focus towards quality, we have a resounding client-base not just in Australia but also in other parts of the world.
Years of Expertise
Our years of expertise helps us to align ourselves with our customer’s business needs, expectations with Microsoft Business Solutions.
Our in-depth knowledge of products, technology, and Industry helps us to design the solution that align with our customer’s business needs.
Subject Matter Experts
Our highly experienced team of Professionals having the collective experience of over hundreds of successful Project implementations.