Are you one of those Dynamics AX customers who were planning an upgrade, or were about to transition to D365 Finance & Supply Chain? Covid crisis, however, made you to put your plan on back burner. Because, of course, any business in such times would be more focused on maintaining business continuity, and stability rather than levelling-up digital capabilities. On the other hand, the thought of Microsoft ending mainstream support for AX in October 2020 was making you to worry. Well, if that is the case, here is good news! Microsoft has come up with a great offer.
Let us first have a look at the offer in more details.
Dynamics 365 Cloud Migration Offer Details
- Licensing Program: Cloud Solution Provider (CSP)
- Product: D365 Finance, D365 Supply Chain Management, D365 Commerce
- Offer Duration: March 1, 2021 – October 12, 2021
- Licensing Requirement: Customer must purchase D365 Finance, D365 Supply Chain Management, D365 Commerce licenses with an annualized total greater than or equal to their Enhancement Plan or Software Assurance renewal amount and stay committed through the term of their agreement. Purchase must be made before October 12, 2021.
- Professional Direct Support: 1-year commitment is required, and the promotional Professional Direct SKU must be purchased before October 12, 2021. Customers will be charged $4.50 a month, for a minimum of 1 year.
Let us make it simple for you to understand the offer. If you renew your enhancement plan via Cloud Solution Provider (CSP), with the intent to start migration to the cloud then you will receive Extended Security Updates (ESU) at no charge. ESU provides critical security updates to existing AX deployments and gives customers the option of maintaining their on-premises technical support until January 12, 2023. Additionally, these customers will be eligible for a 50% discount on Dynamics 365 Professional Direct Support, which provides advisory services for on-premises to cloud migration. You can renew your EP by purchasing Dynamics 365 Finance, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, or Dynamics 365 Commerce licenses for the amount greater than or equal to your EP amount. That way you will have licenses secured for Dynamics 365 apps when you migrate, and meanwhile you can also keep using AX with Extended Security Updates (ESU).
Microsoft introduced this offer keeping in mind the current situation, and with the goal of making the transition process as hassle free as possible. Microsoft is continuously supporting communities and organizations affected by covid crisis in certain direct, and indirect ways.
Need support for your AX, or need a consultation for migration from AX to Dynamics 365? Get in touch with us, and one of our team members will contact to assist you further.
Disclaimer– “All data and information provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. Dynamics Square / MPG Business Information Systems Pvt. Ltd. makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.”