Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a complete enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for mid-sized organizations. It is fast to implement, easy to configure and simple to use.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 Upgrade
- It is the latest version and will have a lot of new improvements.
- NAV 2017 has come up with the new functionalities and features such as an enhanced Office 365 experience, service integrations, faster setup and configuration, azure integrations etc.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV includes opportunity management and basic customer relationship management capabilities.
- Dynamics NAV 2017 includes a couple of small improvements to payment reconciliation as well.
What’s New in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017
The following features and functionalities for application users have been introduced:
1. Bringing two worlds together: –
1.1 Office 365 experience: Microsoft has done this by adding things like:
- The ability to invoice customers, based on entries made in the calendar.
- In the email section, there are buttons that integrate NAV with emails.
- From the contacts list, end users can manually sync NAV contacts with O365 people. The contacts will sync back to NAV as well (filters can be applied).
1.2 Embedded Power BI: You can use embedded Power BI to easily create insightful charts and reports and make them available within your Dynamics NAV 2017 Role Center.
2. Enhancing the core application and platform: – A lot has been done on the “Setup and Configuration” part of the product to make it more meaningful. A few things, really, but most important is the “Assisted Setup” kind of thing.
3. Item attributes: – Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 also enhances the core application by introducing Item Attributes. The item card often gets extended by new fields with attributes like color, size, state or even species.
There is more. You can filter the Item List on it as well!
4.Hierarachy of Item Category: –
5.New Document layouts:
6.Tooltips are now available on fields in NAV 2017:
7. Smart Notifications: Smart Notifications are non-obstructive notifications to the user which can be linked with more details. The new smart notification appears on the top of the screen and doesn’t interrupt the user.
8. Categorize G/L Accounts: Account categories and sub-categories have been introduced to the Chart of Accounts so that reporting can be standardized.
9. New Settings on the Sales & Receivables Setup: Default Quantity:
10. The Fixed Asset area has been enhanced by standard setups, making it easier to create New Fixed Assets.
Disclaimer– “All data and information provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. Dynamics Square / MPG Business Information Systems Pvt. Ltd. makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.”